Product overview： Sodium pyrosulfite，Its alias is heavy sulfur oxygen, also known as sodium sulfite, or sodium bisulfite, the molecular formula is Na2S205, molecular weight 190.1 is white or yellowish crystalline powder, the relative density is 1.4. Soluble in water and glycerol, slightly soluble in ethanol, insoluble in benzene. Its solubility in water increases with the increase of temperature. It is 54 g/100 mL water at 20 ~℃, 81.7 g/100 mL water at 100 ~℃. The water solution is acidic. It dissolves in water and forms stable sodium ammonium sulfite. It is easy to decompose under moisture. It is easy to oxidize slowly in exposed air and release SO2. Finally, oxygen is absorbed and oxidized into Na2SO4 in contact with strong acid, SO2 is released, and corresponding salts are formed and dissolved with caustic soda or soda. Sodium sulfite is formed in liquid reaction, and adduct can be formed with aldehydes. Sodium pyrosulfite begins to decompose when heated to 150 degrees, and intake is toxic.
Use of color preservatives and preservatives:
1. The pharmaceutical industry is used to produce chloroform, phenylpropyl sulfone and benzaldehyde.
2. Rubber industry is used as coagulant.
3. Printing and dyeing industry is used as dechlorinating agent and cotton cooker after cotton bleaching.
4. Leather processing in the leather industry can make the leather soft, plump and tough, with waterproof, bending resistance, wear resistance and other properties.
5. Chemical industry is used to produce hydroxyl vanillin and hydroxylamine hydrochloride.
6. Photosensitive industry is used as developer.
7. Food industry as bleaching agent, preservative, loosening agent, antioxidant